Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine, and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood in Queens, New York. Then, she attended Los Angeles City College. Rosie Perez was just starting her second year of college, and was about to return to New York. She was invited to a moving-away party by her peers. Spike Lee offered her a part in his film Do the Right Thing (1989). She agreed. This would be her first big acting role. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) She played the supporting character Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artist. The Academy Award went to Anna Paquin, for The Piano (1993). The most criticism I got early in my career came from the Latin community. They would take me out to lunch and say, "Can I go and take some lessons to reduce my accent?" Or, "When it's a talk show, how are you going to not be funny? My voice was always a source of criticism. I tried to alter my voice. Though I attempted to alter my voice, it was not my way of speaking. My octaves slowed as I grew older which is a good thing. Nowadays, I find it pleasing when a teenager comes up and mimics me.Boxing is about conquering your fears. Boxing is more about fighting for your rights. Floyd Mayweather could be punched in a clean way, such as a shot in the middle of his body and he'd not hesitate. And I'm sure of what he's doing. Who talked about Don Cornelius watching her dance]: Don Cornelius did not want to see how I really danced . I was performing hip-hop, which was unheard of by people living in California. They didn't know anything about hip-hop dancing, and only had a basic understanding of locking and popping. Don was like, "No. You're an attractive girl." I thought, "What? This is really bizarre. This is really weird.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful pics of Lynn Gilmartin and Margarita Levieva Feet and Legs

Alona Tal

Raven Symone